Pages

Wednesday 14 July 2010

i found this post on facebook and yeap,it was a touching story.it's ironic when we just fail to see the truth behind an incident.often,we let anger take control,perhaps,simply because we felt embarrassed about something and wanting to avoid from becoming a laughing stock.

to be frank,i used to hate my parents a lot too.it's not that i felt they're embarrassing me,rather,i felt they're being unfair to me.i have 2 brothers and i'm the second child in the family.throughout my childhood,often,i was often subject to comparison and for most of the time,i resented them for doing so.i felt unfair; my strengths was overlook and my weakness was despised.i worked hard to get myself out from my brothers' shadow but after sometime,i gave up and start blaming everyone for all those happenings around me.and,it started when i was 16.

i studied hard and prayed hard that i could enroll in local university of my choice and i succeeded.got myself a place in university of science malaysia.at that very time,i thought i secure a ticket for myself; a ticket that would promise me freedom,new circle of friends and in search of the things that i long for.

and that was when i was still a freshie in university.now that i'm a second year student,i came to understand a lot of things.i learned some in a very hard way,other's,i guess from all those thinking that i did in my daily life.not forgetting from reading as well!but,at the end of the day,it's all about opening your eyes to your surrounding.at times, we might be too busy to notice what's happening around us (in my case,i admit i was being thickhead) but sure enough,it won't do you any harm right?all it require was a bit of your attention and,you'll stumble upon something precious.=)

i changed in a lot of ways especially in my perception towards life.i started to appreciate every single small things that happened to me;no matter how trivial it is.of course,i do still make mistakes.i overlook people's kindness sometime;i'm trying to do something about it.i still can't sort out my emotions at times,i guess i still have a long way to go.=)

oh yeah,this is the post i found on facebook,from a group called "My attitude in exams, they give me questions I dont know, I give them answers they dont know :D" (don't you think this group reflect us, as students?? XD.one thing i can said,it applies on me.haha!!

and the story goes like this.......


" My mom only had on eye i hated her she was such an embarrassment , she was a cook she cooked for teachers and students to support the family , there was this 1 day during elementary school when my mom came to say hello to me , i was so embarrased how could she do this to me?! i ignored her,threw her a hateful look and ran out , the next day at school one of my classmates said to me ' eeeooo your mom has only one eye ' , i wanted to bury myself i also want my mom to just disappear , so i confronted her that day and said ' if you're gonna make me a laughing stock why don't you just die ?!' , i didn't even stop to think a second about what i had said because i was full of anger , i was oblivious to her feelings , i wanted to get out of that house , so i studied really hard and got a chance to study in singpore , then i got married , i bought a house of my own , i had kids of my own , i was happy with my life , then one day my mother came to visit me , she hadn't seen me in years , and she didn't even meet her grandchildren , when she stood by the door , my children laughed at her , i screamed at her ' how dare you come to my house and scare my children , get out of here now , my other quietly answered ' oh i'm so sorry i may have gotten the wrong address ' , and she disappeared out of the sight , one day a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house , so i lied to my wife and told her that i was going to a business trip , after the reunion i went to my old house just because i was curious , my neighbours said that my mother died , i didn't give a single tear !! , they gave me a letter she wanted me to have , '" My dearest son , i think of you all the time , i'm sorry that i came to singapore and scared your children , i was so glad when i heared that you are coming to the reunion , but i may not be able to even get out of bed to see you , i'm sorry that i was a constant embarrassment in your life , do you know that when you were very little you got into an accident and lost your eye , as a mother i couldn't stand watching you growing up with one eye , so i gave you mine , i was so proud of my son who was seeing a whole new world with my eye , with my love to you ,
your mother "


with this picture at the end of the story......




don't you think this bring back memories??? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment